Wow, talk about a roller coaster. I started out NaNoWriMo doing so well I thought I was going to finish by the 15th. And then I got sick. Twice. That sick time added up to almost a week of no writing at all, and when I got back into it, I still didn’t have the energy I started with. Then I had to work a lot of early shifts at work which made it hard to keep up with my word count since I’m better at writing in the morning. But still I pushed through it and I finished! And the best part is, I actually kept my novel pretty well on track through most of the month with no major surprises. I’m pretty ecstatic right now, since this bring my total of long form-fiction stories to two for this year, and six overall.
That’s right. I’ve written six books in my life. I don’t know if any of them will ever be published, but each is a step on the road to making me a better writer. And I’m not stopping there. I already have two projects planned for next year:
First, a story currently titled Babel and Icarus, which is a fictional non-fiction book chronicling a space race between the North and South during the American Civil War, and second, an expansion of my short story, A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw. And that’s all in addition to whatever I decide to write for NaNoWriMo next year.
Now whenever someone tells me about how fast this year went by, I’m going to say, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I wrote two books this year. Maybe you should start doing something meaningful with your time.” Okay I probably won’t say that. But I’ll be thinking it.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
- It's another Happy! recap and review. #seeHappy youtu.be/Vv-xrE17BUA 4 hours ago
- RT @PTBarpun: I'm live right now on here with Facerig! :D twitter.com/humanechoes/st… 4 hours ago
- Somebody get in on this Fibbage game! mixer.com/HumanEchoes 4 hours ago
- RT @DickKingSmith: Word of the day: 'pussyvan' - A flurry, temper or a tantrum. It originates from the 15th century noun pussivanting mean… 5 hours ago
- RT @KaiserNeko: Parents everywhere: Jeeze, they're having more fun with the box it came in! Nintendo: https://t.co/grvoPAimRE 7 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive