It’s here! NaNoWriMo kicked off today, and I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. The story I’m working on this year has been percolating in my head for a couple of weeks and finally getting those first pieces of the plot puzzle on the page is a feeling like nothing else I know. The joy of NaNoWriMo is the push to let go of everything else and just write. You’d be amazed at some of the things that sprout out of your mind when the pressures on to get those words written no matter what.
At the end of day one, I’m proud to report a word count of 3,138.
If you’re struggling you keep up your word count, you should go and check out a program called PunishPad which allows you to input a word count goal and and time limit and prompts you to keep writing if you start to fall behind. It’s opened up whole new worlds of possibilities for me as a writer and I think it could do the same for you.
To all of you participating this month, good luck, and happy noveling. See you at 50,000 words.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
The Human Echoes Podcast
- We're watching Captain Underpants. It's rated PG. As a parent I'm not sure exactly what guidance I'm supposed to be providing. 2 hours ago
- RT @jamieabrew: a mob of my friends used the predictive text keyboard loaded with seinfeld scripts to write this masterpiece https://t.co/Y… 2 hours ago
- #AmericanVandal had me up half the night thinking, so here's a video I made about its themes and who did the dicks. youtu.be/nQ1CgsHTShY 8 hours ago
- RT @G0d_Dan_it: Me, starting episode 1 of American Vandal: ha, look at all those dicks Me, 6 episodes later: https://t.co/pjvfOCsvqH 14 hours ago
- RT @monkeyhole: @nekoewen @AvantGarve I'm imagining this guy walking into a clothing store and begrudgingly buying a bunch of bras and baby… 21 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive