It’s here! NaNoWriMo kicked off today, and I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. The story I’m working on this year has been percolating in my head for a couple of weeks and finally getting those first pieces of the plot puzzle on the page is a feeling like nothing else I know. The joy of NaNoWriMo is the push to let go of everything else and just write. You’d be amazed at some of the things that sprout out of your mind when the pressures on to get those words written no matter what.
At the end of day one, I’m proud to report a word count of 3,138.
If you’re struggling you keep up your word count, you should go and check out a program called PunishPad which allows you to input a word count goal and and time limit and prompts you to keep writing if you start to fall behind. It’s opened up whole new worlds of possibilities for me as a writer and I think it could do the same for you.
To all of you participating this month, good luck, and happy noveling. See you at 50,000 words.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
- RT @DavidMLatt: Wait no more. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_I… twitter.com/MMarino1471/st… 5 hours ago
- RT @dccommonsense: I'f Trump thinks we've been "dumb" in foreign policy, why would he put a guy like Bolton who RABIDLY supported all those… 8 hours ago
- "Yeah, I'm all in for giant robots punching giant monsters, but giant robots punching OTHER GIANT ROBOTS? Literally… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- RT @AAringdale: Yesterday at the Natural History Museum my 2 year old went up to every dinosaur skeleton and roared as loud as she could to… 12 hours ago
- I've been reading other people's negative opinions of Pacfic Rim 2, and now having slept on, and really considered… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive