It’s here! NaNoWriMo kicked off today, and I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. The story I’m working on this year has been percolating in my head for a couple of weeks and finally getting those first pieces of the plot puzzle on the page is a feeling like nothing else I know. The joy of NaNoWriMo is the push to let go of everything else and just write. You’d be amazed at some of the things that sprout out of your mind when the pressures on to get those words written no matter what.
At the end of day one, I’m proud to report a word count of 3,138.
If you’re struggling you keep up your word count, you should go and check out a program called PunishPad which allows you to input a word count goal and and time limit and prompts you to keep writing if you start to fall behind. It’s opened up whole new worlds of possibilities for me as a writer and I think it could do the same for you.
To all of you participating this month, good luck, and happy noveling. See you at 50,000 words.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
- Hax twitter.com/HumanEchoes/st… 6 hours ago
- RT @JonRisinger: Not trying to spoil stuff but I am still not sure why @rianjohnson decided to make The Last Jedi a 2 hour rock opera with… 6 hours ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Ready Player One is better if you imagine it's what's happening in the main character's head as he's dying from getting ki… 16 hours ago
- RT @HumanEchoes: Get rich quick with this week's Bad Ideas all about Ponzi and his schemes! youtu.be/5YIs41DoTN0 https://t.co/ggSRxyR1sz 19 hours ago
- The anti spoiler campaign for The Last Jedi REALLY makes me want to spoil it. 20 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive