It’s here! NaNoWriMo kicked off today, and I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. The story I’m working on this year has been percolating in my head for a couple of weeks and finally getting those first pieces of the plot puzzle on the page is a feeling like nothing else I know. The joy of NaNoWriMo is the push to let go of everything else and just write. You’d be amazed at some of the things that sprout out of your mind when the pressures on to get those words written no matter what.
At the end of day one, I’m proud to report a word count of 3,138.
If you’re struggling you keep up your word count, you should go and check out a program called PunishPad which allows you to input a word count goal and and time limit and prompts you to keep writing if you start to fall behind. It’s opened up whole new worlds of possibilities for me as a writer and I think it could do the same for you.
To all of you participating this month, good luck, and happy noveling. See you at 50,000 words.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
The Human Echoes Podcast
- Robo Explorer: youtu.be/dTd93HdVjvo?a via @YouTube 3 hours ago
- Man, the Youtube free music library is such a cool resource. 6 hours ago
- RT @boring_as_heck: Weekly Flat Earth Facebook group update: they are currently debating the existence of volcanoes. https://t.co/JKDLJ3q642 11 hours ago
- I don't know what is going on anymore. twitter.com/grufftech/stat… 11 hours ago
- Angie Tribeca has the BEST product placement. 20 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive