Today my wife told me a story about a baby at the nursery where she works that is the child of two lesbian women. The story goes that these two went through some kind of insane genetic procedure which basically amounted to some doctor removing the DNA from one of their eggs and implanting it into the other’s egg. These two spent tens of thousands of dollars on this procedure, which, because both contributors possessed X chromosomes, resulted in the birth of a beautiful baby girl.
Nice enough story. But it isn’t true. Not that my wife was lying to me, but according to the best estimates the technology to pull something like this off is still five or six years in the future, so someone was definitely lying.
And that is my favourite part of the story. Ever since I heard this I’ve been thinking up reasons why someone would concoct such an elaborate lie. After all, the details of the story involve these two women trying for years to pull this procedure off, so assuming one of them was lying to the other, the facade that she developed must have been legendary in its scope. If they’re both lying to everyone else…well I can’t fathom that either. I think there’s a story here, but I don’t have a clue what it is.
All I know is that when I was doing a quick web search to verify that my skepticism was justified I came across a website called lezmakeababy.com: and that’s just awesome.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
The Human Echoes Podcast
- RT @HEPodcast: #LEGOWorlds morning stream starts in ten! Come on over see what nonsense Albert gets up to. beam.pro/HumanEchoes #Beamlov… 26 minutes ago
- RT @existentialcoms: History of epistemology: 300 BC: you can't know anything. 600: some stuff you can. 1600: no, not even that. 1800: what… 2 hours ago
- RT @TWDWpod: TWDW! In which we discover that global warming was being caused by giant intelligent eels THIS WHOLE TIME. https://t.co/L8vGmd… 15 hours ago
- Atlas's Wife Asked Him What He Wanted to do for Dinner. #BadBookPrequels 1 day ago
- The Completely Unremarkable Incident of the Dog in the Daytime. #BadBookPrequels 1 day ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive