Ebooks are overpriced.
If I can buy the paperback for less money than the digital copy, then why would I buy the digital copy? And don’t try to tell me it’s more convenient. It isn’t. Physical books are self supporting. They never run out of power and they don’t require anything outside of themselves to be read.
Don’t get me wrong, I have an e-reader and I enjoy it well enough, I just think the books cost too much. After all, ebooks cost literally nothing to produce. You create a million copies as easily as you could make one. This means that the profit margin on these things is unbelievable. Not that I’m ever against people making as much money as they can, but if I was in the business I would seriously consider selling the digital copies for no more than five dollars, maybe ten when the book is new and there’s more demand. That’s a price I can easily afford and it’s competitive with the more convenient physical copies. The increase in sales brought on by lower prices might even make up for the revenue “lost” through the markdown.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
- RT @DavidMLatt: Wait no more. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_I… twitter.com/MMarino1471/st… 10 hours ago
- RT @dccommonsense: I'f Trump thinks we've been "dumb" in foreign policy, why would he put a guy like Bolton who RABIDLY supported all those… 13 hours ago
- "Yeah, I'm all in for giant robots punching giant monsters, but giant robots punching OTHER GIANT ROBOTS? Literally… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @AAringdale: Yesterday at the Natural History Museum my 2 year old went up to every dinosaur skeleton and roared as loud as she could to… 18 hours ago
- I've been reading other people's negative opinions of Pacfic Rim 2, and now having slept on, and really considered… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive