So I was going to write a journal about how I’m reading Jacques Derrida’s Of Grammatology and how it’s all super deep and intellectual and stuff, but then I was on my way home today and I stopped at a local grocery store and I saw that they were selling 24 oz bottles of Mountain Dew for fifty-five cents apiece. Allow me to reiterate: Fifty-five cents apiece.
I love Derrida’s development of deconstruction and his thoughts on the history of philosophy and semiotics, but one must have priorities, and for me one of those priorities is the discovery of a tasty and invigorating beverage at bargain basement prices.
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
- RT @DavidMLatt: Wait no more. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_I… twitter.com/MMarino1471/st… 10 hours ago
- RT @dccommonsense: I'f Trump thinks we've been "dumb" in foreign policy, why would he put a guy like Bolton who RABIDLY supported all those… 13 hours ago
- "Yeah, I'm all in for giant robots punching giant monsters, but giant robots punching OTHER GIANT ROBOTS? Literally… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @AAringdale: Yesterday at the Natural History Museum my 2 year old went up to every dinosaur skeleton and roared as loud as she could to… 18 hours ago
- I've been reading other people's negative opinions of Pacfic Rim 2, and now having slept on, and really considered… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive