That the social security system has approximately one recipient of funds for every three contributors? I just read that statistic today, and I was frankly shocked. There’s no way a system like that can sustain itself for very long, especially considering that due to longer lifespans, the ratio is projected to be two to one in about ten years.
In light of this information I’m wondering why the government is so freaking worried about health care. After all, old people are the ones who get sick the most often, and since they’re the ones drawing the checks anyway, so why not just let them fend for themselves and die earlier? On the other hand, maybe this is one of those classic misdirections. After all, lots of people claim that universal health care would be far less efficient and effective than free market health care, so maybe the old people will die earlier, relieving some of the burden on social security.
Then all I’ll have to worry about is the money the government will be taking from me to pay for the plan to kill off the old people who were taking money from me in the first place.
I’m not a big fan of anarchy, but
every once in a while I think, “Why not give it a try? It couldn’t be any worse than this.”
The Mulch Pile
A Prairie Home Apocalypse or: What the Dog Saw
The Human Echoes Podcast
- We're watching Captain Underpants. It's rated PG. As a parent I'm not sure exactly what guidance I'm supposed to be providing. 2 hours ago
- RT @jamieabrew: a mob of my friends used the predictive text keyboard loaded with seinfeld scripts to write this masterpiece https://t.co/Y… 2 hours ago
- #AmericanVandal had me up half the night thinking, so here's a video I made about its themes and who did the dicks. youtu.be/nQ1CgsHTShY 8 hours ago
- RT @G0d_Dan_it: Me, starting episode 1 of American Vandal: ha, look at all those dicks Me, 6 episodes later: https://t.co/pjvfOCsvqH 14 hours ago
- RT @monkeyhole: @nekoewen @AvantGarve I'm imagining this guy walking into a clothing store and begrudgingly buying a bunch of bras and baby… 21 hours ago
Unsanity Files Blog Archive